A teacher is one who builds us in the true sense of the term. A teacher is a power which brings out our power. Teachers are synonymous with education. Educators enliven the textbooks and spread the light of knowledge. 5th September is the day when we acknowledge the efforts of a person who believes in giving. A teacher never demands. A teacher’s religion is education and their responsibility is imparting knowledge to the pupils who can spread it across the world. Mentors are the most selfless beings in the world. One such example is Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan—a man who is an ideal example of a great leader and the best teacher the world could have. Radhakrishnan, who was nominated sixteen times for the Nobel Prize in Literature and eleven times for the Nobel Peace Prize, was the one who never believed in ‘I’.- He was the most selfless person. When Dr. Radhakrishnan was elected the president, it was requested that he celebrate his birthday but he did not want his birthday to be celebrated. Instead, the great man said that he would be honoured if his birthday could be celebrated as Teacher’s Day in India so as to pay respect to the teachers and all that they have done for the society.
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, a recipient of the Bharat Ratna (1931), not only engraved his name on the hearts of millions of Indians but also upheld the significance and sanctity of the teaching profession. He made us realize the importance of teachers in our lives.
So, this Teacher’s Day make your mentor feel special with our 5 unique ways:
- Disciplined self: Our teachers always teach us the value of disciplined life. Be hard working, sincere and implement your teacher’s vision of disciplined life and give a nice surprise to your teacher.
- Speak your heart out: Appreciation is a food for motivation. Our teachers also need to be appreciated for the effort they put in enlightening young minds. So, appreciate your teachers and thank them for their kindness and guidance.
- The celebrations: Teacher’s Day is always celebrated with a usual speech and bouquet ceremony. But this year do something more and make this day memorable for your mentors. You may organize a short play depicting a teacher’s life. You can even write a personalized poem for your teacher.
- Gifts: Gifts are the cherry on the top amidst all the celebrations. You may gift them organizers and other folders so that they can arrange their papers neatly.
- Express Gratitude: Students should realize that teachers need to feel special not only on this day but on each and every day. So, be a good student to your teacher and cooperate at every step. People who have entered professional lives also try to make this day special for the teachers who taught them in school and college. They may pay surprise visits to their teachers.
We wish you all a very happy Teacher’s Day. Respect your teachers and thank them for making you a good human being.
Celebrate this day and make your teachers feel their worth.