Love is not a scientific concept; it’s an emotion which makes an individual smile unreasonably. It’s a feeling which changes things around you. Love is difficult to explain but it can be felt deeply. Nothing feels better when you have a partner which expects nothing from you, but gives freely. You can take your partner wherever you go, it can even fit in your tiny bag. You are never alone when you have your partner. Yes, you guessed it . . . no expectations, no demand – books only give us pleasure which is incomparable. If you have not yet experienced this beautiful relationship, then start reading today as it is Book Lovers Day. Pick up that book from the author you have longed to read, but were not able to because of your busy schedule.
Pamper yourself with the book you have thought of buying but couldn’t due to cost constraints. Money spent on a book is an investment which will assure your happiness for a long time.
Here are some of the ways which will help you celebrate this Book Lovers Day in a unique and innovative fashion.
- Visit your local library: A library is a mini heaven on earth. The feeling of being surrounded by hundreds and thousands of books is unparalleled. The smell of the books and the feel of old and new pages in your hands transport you to another place. Re-experience that time when you used to visit your nearby library regularly. Take out at least an hour to visit a place which will give you abundant happiness.
- Re-read an old favourite: Books are never old. Every word seems fresh even after ages. Re-read your favourite book, still sitting in a corner of your bookshelf. A cup of coffee or tea along with it brings nothing less than tranquility, which is missed in the rush of the day.
- Join a book club: Sitting around with a group of people discussing various books is best thing you can do today. Join a book club and be a part of unmatchable happiness. It’s also an opportunity to make new friends!
- Give the gift of reading: Gifting a book to a close friend or someone in need never goes out of fashion. Gift your favourite book to someone and start a never-ending session of literary thoughts.
- Host a book lover’s party: Having a little party themed around books will bring you double cheer and lift you out of your humdrum life. Invite your friends and family over to share your love for books and hold interesting discussions (and maybe even have spirited arguments!).
We hope that these suggestions will help you to enjoy this day. Don’t forget to wish your book lover friends and neighbours! Wishing you all a very happy Book Lovers Day.